I won’t be blogging during the holiday because I am taking a break, like people should do over a holiday. I’m only going to eat a lot. And read a lot. And sit around a lot. Because I never do. And because I’ve spent lots of time in the last few weeks doing this:
And this:
That’s eating every meal at a desk in an ad agency. Some ad agencies really think you have nothing to do with your life besides come up with ways to make people buy things they don't need. They schedule you to work every weekend and every night if you don’t stop them. I haven’t been stopping them. And that’s because I’m a whore for a paycheck.
And also because I’m biding time before Oprah discovers this blog and decides to offer me my own show and magazine with a picture of me eating a sandwich on the cover of every issue. That’s going to happen, so I’m just waiting at the advertising agency until then. And I'm also celebrating America's great holiday. I’m off to go eat a lot, do nothing, eat more, do more of nothing, and then have pie.
Smell ya on the flipside. aka December 1st! WHAT? December already? Yes, already.
Happy Day of Thanks & Giving
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Oprah, hurry the F up.
Labels:
whore for a paycheck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Cheers to that!
Wish I was doing all the above said this weekend. I'll be working more hours than a healthy-sane person ever should.
Come visit, we can build a snowman!
PS. If/When Oprah picks you up, please take me with you! I'll be your personal sommelier!
Hope you have a glorious food-filled and fun-filled weekend!!
PS - I hope you were watching KTLA news this morning. They were good for a huge laugh! Anchor chick said ...'she could stuff my muffin'... on the air! I thought they were all going to fall out of their seats!!
Enjoy Thanksgiving and I don't think it will be long before Oprah gets wind of your blog and you hit the statosphere!
I have a feeling that American Thanksgiving is way cooler than Canadian thanksgiving. Don't you have 2 days off? Enjoy the food & reading! There really isn't anything better.
I call dibs on being your Gayle.
P.S. I'm at work. Right now. Yes, that's right, it's 8:41 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
P.P.S. I would also settle for being your Dr. Oz.
P.P.P.S. Or your Nate Berkus.
P.P.P.S. Or the person who gets the coffee for Gayle, Dr. Oz and Nate Berkus.
Nice phone. What year is your office in? 1981? Is everyone wearing hot pants there?
I applaud your healthiness. Wheat bread sandwich with some sort of greens. Cereal that's not Captain Crunch. Glass of wine.
Can I come to your office's Jack Lalanne classes?
December already... You're telling ME!! We come HOME in 26 days!!!!!!!!! Shh, don't tell my family though. They still think we're coming home in January. It's gonna be a big Xmas surprise! The anticipation of going back to work makes me naseous.
Once your hit show is up and running can I come on to pump my new charity organization thingy? I don't think I'll reach enough people through my blog since only like 5 know it exists.
Isn't just sitting back and relaxing amazing! I hope you're having a fantastic rest!
Post a Comment