Today I'm off to Ikea. Gotta get some pots and plants and curtains and bedding.
But I've been agonizing this whole week about the color scheme. If I paint one wall orange then it won't match with the blue I had planned for the area rug that will go under the coffee table. And a sofa! Oh, lord, I've been to a million shops to find the perfect mid-century model that's not too over budget.
So here I go, off to the stores. And before I head out, I check the news. And I see this:
And then I wonder... do I really need a couch or a color scheme? What am I doing not helping these people? I texted my ten bucks to the red cross. Whoop di doo.
I'm so lucky. And I'm also a bitch.
UPDATE: The Sofa salesman says that my buying a sofa helps Haitians because it fuels the US economy, which in turn gives us the resources to send aid. So go shopping. For Haiti!
UPDATE: The Sofa salesman says that my buying a sofa helps Haitians because it fuels the US economy, which in turn gives us the resources to send aid. So go shopping. For Haiti!

2 comments:
BTW - orange and blue can absolutely go together!!
I totally agree, but then it reminds me of the florida gators. Ewwwww.
Post a Comment